Main scientific directions:
Genetic and molecularbiologic diagnostic of hereditary diseases.
- Study of genetic polymorphisms in the loci CYP2C9, VKORC1, CYP4F2 and GGCX for an individualized treatment by Warfarin
- Evaluation of the determinant factors of the morbidity and mortality of children with genetic diseases and the prophylaxis in the population in the Republic of Moldova
- Evaluation of the morbidity, risk factors frequency, clinical, neurophysiological, neurotrophical aspects and neuroimaging of STOKE in children
- Study of antistress treatment under the control of the Alfa – amylase in the saliva in correlation with the heart rate variability parameters
- Research of predictors of atrial fibrillation in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation
- Genetic variations in male infertility with azoospermy
- Genetic variations and drug resistance in Mycobacterium tuberculosis
In frame of the research topic “Study of genetic polymorphism in the CYP2C9, VKORC1, CYP4F2 and GGCX loci for individualization of treatment with warfarin”, a molecular analysis of the primary material was carried out. The obtained data are processed statistically and conclusions have been carried out.
In frame of the research project “Assessing the determining factors of morbidity and mortality of children with genetic diseases and their prevention in the population of the Republic of Moldova”, 317 children with neurogenetic and neurological pathologies underwent a primary examination and a neurological examination was conducted. The influence of risk factors, exogenous and endogenous factors in the etiopathogenesis of neurogenic pathologies was studied. At the same time, genetic counseling was carried out for families and pregnant women from risk groups on neurogenetic pathologies – in total 368 pregnant women were studied with the aim of developing the scientific and practical bases of medical genetic management of families with high genetic risk of neurogenic pathology and optimization.
In the research project “Estimation of morbidity, prevalence, risk factors, research of clinical, neurophysiological and neurotrophic aspects and neuroimaging of stroke in children”, a retrospective analysis of a sample of 216 children with stroke hospitalized in the psycho-neurological department of newborns and in the psycho-neurological department of young children, in the Department of Neurology at the Institute of Mother and Child in 2010-2017 was done. It was found that stroke in children is caused by multiple etiological factors of another origin than in adults.
In frame of the research project ” Study of antistress treatment under the control of the Alfa – amylase in the saliva in correlation with in correlation with the heart rate variability parameters”, it was found that saliva Alpha-amylase can act as a high sensitive stress biomarker. Correlation values of various stress levels were found with different titers of saliva Alpha-amylase and parameters of heart rate variability.
Scientific research projects carried out in collaboration with national partners:
- “Molecular genetic study of predictors of the risk for complications of arterial hypertension” in collaboration with the Department of Family Medicine and the Institute of Genetics of the Academy of Sciences of Moldova, funded by the Highest Council of Science and Technological Development.
- “Innovation in Tuberculosis – INNOVA4TB” in collaboration with IFP “Chiril Draganiuc”, Microbiological Laboratory from “IGTP: Trias i Pujol Health Sciences Research Institute”, financed by Horizon 2020
Persons who have completed research internship or training abroad
- Sidorenko Ludmila in Berlin, Germany at the Department for Cardiology and Angiology, University Medicine Charité with the aim of realization of the experimental part of her scientific PhD research, with a duration of 15.03.16-15.07.17
- Chesov Elena in Spain, attending the Training Course in the Microbiological Laboratory from Germans Trias i Pujol Health Sciences Research Institute (IGTP) 14.01.2019 - 14.03.2019